IT Testing Specialists creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing. IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
- Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
- Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
- Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
- Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
- Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
- Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
- Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
- Performs quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results.
- Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
- Sets up and executes complex scripts independently.
- Sets up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
- Creates and executes moderately complex SQL queries.
- Executes automated test scripts.
- Writes/coordinates resolution of system defects. Ensures appropriate hand-offs and re-testing
- May provide technical guidance to other IT Testing Specialists.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions or solicits information on incomplete requirements.
- Participates in facilitation and coordination of user acceptance testing.
- Design tests to aid learning and mitigate risks.
- Work with developers to create automated tests.
- Work with business analysts and business stakeholders to undertake exploratory testing.
- Ensures stories contain specific acceptance test conditions which communicate objectives to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Create automated test scripts for sprints.
- Update automated test scripts after a sprint is complete.
- Knowledge of performance and security vulnerability testing is a plus.
- Assist product owner in coming up with the acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 or more years of progressive work experience in business and/or system testing
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong knowledge of SDLC with an emphasis on testing methodologies
- Thorough understanding of the business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested
- Thoroughly understands As-Is and To-Be business processes to understand what's changing
- Ability to communicate with the business in business language and with developers in technical language
- Must have strong PC skills and demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite products
- Should have solid work experience with testing management tools and concepts and have a solid knowledge of automated testing tools
- Must have the ability to extract data utilizing moderately complex SQL queries
- Ability to read logical and physical data models and understand the relationship between various tables
- Ability to clearly identify data needs and requirements for the respective test efforts
- Ability to execute automated test scripts as needed
- Ability to read various system input/output files like XML, Flat, 834, 835 etc
- 1 or more years of experience working in an Agile environment
- CTFL certification is preferred.
Job Status: Full Time