Technical writer responsibilities include prepare instruction manuals, journal articles, and other supporting documents to communicate the information, clearly, concisely, and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon. The position will develop product/technical documentation to be provided to support and development teams, onboarding and ongoing operational maintenance. Purpose of this job is to understand the need individually for each product and then create/maintain/support such documents entirely independently without any guidance.
Requirements of the Technical Writer
- 1+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- 6 or more years of core experience in writing professional looking technical specifications documents for software configuration and integration, and associated end-user documentation: operations and support manual, training material, quick-reference guide etc.
- 1 or more years work experience in IT Systems Analyst role.
- Must be able to present a portfolio of writing samples and/or previous work experience.
- Health care industry experience preferred
- Experience doing technical analysis/documentation work for online web based shopping/sales applications
Benefits of the Technical Writer
- $27 - $37 per hour, depending on experience
- 50-75% remote
- Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Full time hours, possibility to roll permanent
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Interview SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Technical Lead/Architect, Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, Development team to learn about offered capabilities of the product and determine/establish set of technical documents that will be needed for that product and end-user documentation for associated operations.
- Identify common customer scenarios; apply critical thinking about types of information and delivery methods end users need to be successful; plan and design supporting user assistance.
- Gather/research/analyze required inputs from SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Technical Lead/Architect, Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, software developers, and use that to design, develop and publish the identified set of technical documents by product. Coordinate technical and quality assurance reviews to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Manage distribution and review of documents during onboarding of new tenants.
- Enhance, maintain documents and manage distribution of documents on ongoing basis as product features get enhanced.
- Perform functional role of IT Systems Analyst as needed.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact.