Technical Writer IV
Technical writer responsibilities include preparing Information Security policies, procedures, standards, baselines, instruction manuals, journal articles, run books, and other supporting documents to communicate the information, clearly, concisely, and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon. The position will develop product/technical/procedural documentation to be provided to Information Technology and other business and functional areas throughout the organization. Purpose of this job is to understand the need individually for each Security process, solution, concept, tool and then create/maintain/support such documents entirely independently without any guidance.
- Interview SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Technical Lead/Architect, Business Stakeholders, Development team, etc. to learn about solution, concept, process, tool, and determine/establish set of technical documents that will be needed for documenting associated requirements, processes, and/or operations.
- Identify common user scenarios; apply critical thinking about types of information and delivery methods end users need to be successful; plan and design supporting user assistance.
- Gather/research/analyze required inputs from SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Technical Lead/Architect, Tool Owner, Business Stakeholders, software developers, etc. and use that to design, develop and publish the identified set of technical documents. Coordinate technical and quality assurance reviews to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Manage distribution and review of documents.
- Enhance, maintain documents and manage distribution of documents on ongoing basis.
- 1+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- Experience Details
- Core experience in writing professional looking policies, procedures, and technical specifications for Information Technology and Information Security requirements, concepts, processes, and tools (e.g. Policies, procedures, security standards and baselines, workbooks, training material, quick-reference guide etc).
- Bachelor's degree required
- Education Details
- Technical Writing, Information Systems or the equivalent
- 6 or more years of core experience in writing professional looking Information Security and Information Technology policies, procedures, and various other technical documents (security baselines, run books, training material, quick-reference guide etc.)
- Must be able to present a portfolio of writing samples and/or previous work experience.
- Health care industry experience preferred
- Experience doing technical analysis/documentation work in Information Security
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Technical Writer IV position.
Job Status: Full Time