Technical Writer/Instructional Designer
To implement, manage, and evaluate integrated instructional development projects and related support. This role designs/develops job aids, help files, and other learning process related documents. This role should have an understanding of adult learning theory for the application of the above documentation.
* Designs and maintains existing job aids and/or help files based upon the audience needs and job tasks
o Focus is on the design of user documentation, including job aids, references, and manuals. With guidance, designs instructor led learning solutions. Works on help file documentation
* Assists in the design and development of instructionally sound learning solutions including knowledge-based assessments with the guidance of ISD IV or Vs and/or Learning Design Managers
* Assists in updating existing instructional materials with guidance from ISD IV or Vs and/or Learning Design Managers
* Partners and consults with stakeholders to manage and maintain Help File edits and additions.
* Partners with Design Managers and peers to define and implement help file development process improvements
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* 1-2 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
* 1-2 years technical writing experience
* Demonstrated written communication and/or technical writing
* Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Development, Training Education/Communication is preferred
* Related experience in Instructional Technical Writing and/or Instructional Systems Design.
* Knowledge of 508 compliance and the ability to make design recommendations taking compliance guidelines into perspective
* Adobe RoboHelp experience
* Adobe Captivate experience
* Building Relationships
* Continuous Improvement
* Critical Thinking
* Displaying technical expertise
* Customer Focus (internal and external)
* Driving for Results
* Teamwork and Collaboration
* Align to Vision and Purpose
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter, e-mail your most current resume to email@example.com or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com
Pay: $40 to $50/hour
$40 to $50 Per Hour