Technical Service Engineer I
The IT Data Center Specialist is responsible for maintenance, installation, provisioning, inventory, troubleshooting and decommissioning cabling, network and data center infrastructure hardware. It is also responsible for the overall maintenance of the data center environment and for maintaining optimal system performance, and provides 24/7 support with a rotating on-call schedule.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Maintain network infrastructure cabling and hardware, which includes maintenance, installation, provisioning, inventory, troubleshooting and decommissioning. This includes designing and building new network infrastructure to NEC standards. (35%)
- Monitor, test, troubleshoot network connectivity and repair infrastructure components (cabling, network connection components, patch panels, SAN/WAN etc) for Guidewell Enterprise Company (10%)
- Lead projects related to data center infrastructure components and provides project support to IT Partners. (5%)
- Handles routine tickets and tasks related to data center administration and manages ticket queue. (30%)
- Support planned and unplanned IT infrastructure and network changes and assist in re-starting services or infrastructure. (10%)
- Complete necessary procedures related to maintenance of server room environment; support and participate in Disaster Recovery initiatives (5%)
- Provide input to processes, policies and standards (5%)
- 0-1 year of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Experience Details: Experience performing maintenance of server, data center and/or network infrastructure hardware
- No supervisory/management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Shiftwork required - Must be able to work day, night, and weekend shift rotations, including overtime and holidays. 24X7 on-call in rotation.
- Experience using Agile methodology
- General Physical Demands
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
- Incidental Driving
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Technical Service Engineer I position.
Job Status: Full Time