Systems Software Developer
BTG in partnership with the top ranked insurance company in Alabama has an immediate need for a Systems Software Developer.
Requirements of the Systems Software Developer
- Master's degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related area of study and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of a Master's, will accept a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related area of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Ability to articulate Object Oriented Concepts and have experience with Software development Life Cycle.
- Competency in various tools and frameworks such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations used by the company as specified for the position.
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, Angular, SQL
- Proven record of new application development and the ability to perform independently and/or leading small teams.
- Proven support and maintenance of software applications and cross-training of other on named solutions.
- Good communication skills including presentation and written documentation.
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated success in working well in a team and collaborative environment.
- Able to mentor and coach software developers and team members.
Benefits of the Systems Software Developer
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision within the first month of employment
- 401k with company match
- Tuition assistance
- Generous paid time off
Responsibilities of the Systems Software Developer
- Gathers and documents understand and articulates functional, non-functional and business requirements that are already defined.
- Assists with and demonstrated a growing proficiency in the design and development of simple software applications, model data relationships.
- Learns and uses the companies software applications and infrastructure architecture.
- Uses programming & technical skills in various languages and products currently used by the company as specified for the position to develop of update programs.
- Learns to write unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high application quality to meet business requirements.
- Becomes familiar with Infinity systems, databases and networking.Develops an understanding of various deployment methods, tools and writes scripts and/or procedures to ensure efficient processes.
- Develops an understanding of the interoperability of IT assets with custom software development..
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.