Responsible for providing business knowledge and technical skills to implement strategies, evaluate products and provide support that benefit the company.
- Monitor performance solutions to assist with customers business drivers.
- Capture, understand, translate and document customer requirements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Manage and document system configurations while overseeing their transitions into production.
- Ensure successful implementation and perform post project end user support.
- Apply the appropriate performance monitoring solutions to business.
- Design and implement security systems to maintain data safety.
- Ensure that accurate and regular reports are completed and submitted as per the documented business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, information systems or a related field; or a combination of post high school education and experience.
- 3 - 5 years technical experience working with both network operations and application developers in large Enterprise accounts as well as knowledgeable with application sets, storage architecture and virtualization preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- In depth knowledge of the enterprise business process, advanced networking, SDN, virtualization and storage architectures to include VMWARE vSphere, Horizon Suite & Native Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Additional knowledge to support mutliple OS systems to include MS OS, Linux and Sun Sparc.
- Experiences with the system monitoring with various vendor products and application delivery to include packaging(virtualization) as needed.
- Knowledge in various scripting languages focused around system administration and solution deliveries.
- General proficiency towards security and how it applies to securing the environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including conveying technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external business partners.
- Ability to function effectively with, or as part of a team.
- Ability to interface business applications with other systems.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new trend, as well as evaluate and predict their impact on the organization.
- Ability to indirectly mentor, coach, train and/or supervise employees.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Knowledge of applicable computer software, operating systems and standard programming languages, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize tools, concepts, principles and practices of data collection, analysis and testing.
JOB SCOPE: Position impacts multiple business units/segments.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Extended use of a computer keyboard, viewing of a computer monitor and the ability to sit for long periods of time.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or apply on line at www.btginc.com (search jobs).
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Systems Engineer position.
Job Status: Full Time