The senior systems engineer is responsible for leading the design, implementation, modification and maintenance of complex technical environments, domains, desktop and server level devices and operating systems. This position writes scripts, manages virtualization environments, application management monitoring tools and manages Office 365/Exchange plus other various Microsoft products both on premise and cloud based.
- Mentor, guide and educate less experienced engineers and other IT team members.
- Recommend technical standards and guidelines for respective environments.
- Manage complex assignments and potentially lead a team of system engineers.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose highly complex technical environments, domains, desktop and server level devices, office 365 and exchange, etc.
- Interact with architects, senior application developers as well as other relevant leaders.
- Design technical environments and develop technical programs with a high degree of independence.
- Lead the planning, design and implementation of projects and new equipment and applications.
- Install, configure and support technical components such as operating systems, network equipment and software, middleware components and/or application frameworks.
- Maintain working knowledge of all hardware and software settings required by the technical environment including proper configuration settings.
- Develop scripts for system configuration, performance/diagnostics and set-up/administration of DEV, TEST, QA and PROD environments.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance and/or configuration problems.
- Understand performance implications of hardware/network/software environments.
- Assist application teams in diagnosing and understanding technical vs. application problems.
- Support failover and clustered environments.
- Set and observe all technical and architectural standards as previously developed.
- Ensure team member adherence to all established architectural and technical standards.
- Perform software pricing and/or product analysis as directed.
- Respond to systems performance problems.
- Build and maintain positive rapport and partnerships with peers and other relevant team members including IT operations and application development staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Six (6) years of systems engineering or related IT experience.
- Experience in Designing, Building, and Implementing of IT Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated advanced experience and understanding of Office 365 including creating, troubleshooting and maintaining mailboxes, calendars, skype, DLP, etc.
- Demonstrated advanced enterprise level experience with and understanding of Windows infrastructure including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Web Services, File and Print Services, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in application management tools like Riverbed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of Microsoft systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016, IIS, SharePoint, System Center Components, SQL Server, Microsoft Clustering, and knowledge in PowerShell scripting.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Demonstrated ability to apply architectural standards and technical direction in a large-scale environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively solve technical problems across multiple platforms.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of integration and enterprise design patterns, programming patterns and mainstream internet technologies.’
- Business acumen in retail and/or grocery.
- Seasoned systems engineer with considerable proficiency in designing and configuring technical environments.
- Demonstrated ability to set development standards and technical direction in a large-scale industrial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous and considerable workloads and the most specialized and highly complex assignments and/or technical problems.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with complex and difficult situations and assist in driving solutions that meet and/or surpass business expectations.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to provide expert leadership, guidance and constructive feedback to cross-functional IT team members.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to research, evaluate, document and explain new technologies to various levels across the organization.
- Superior analytical, organizational, decision-making and project management skills.
- An innovative self-starter with the initiative to learn new processes.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
Pay: $90,000 to $105,000/year
$90000 to $105000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time