Systems Engineer IV
- Design, develop, test, and implement a variety of secure & scalable cloud infrastructure solutions On AWS.
- Deliver scalable designs for migrating applications to AWS, Azure, private clouds.
- Support the GuideWell team by creating solution options and estimates for cloud migration projects.
- Collaborate closely with customer point of contacts as well as internal teams to optimize delivery.
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery.
- Document, evangelize and execute best practices on cloud migration projects.
- Create deliverables as part of cloud migration projects. Deliverables like solution design, hardware sizing, disaster recovery plan etc.
- Create, evangelize and publish metrics to measure cloud project delivery effectiveness.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to team to solve complex problems.
- Implement controls/procedures to protect information related to customers, suppliers, vendors etc.
- Develop interpersonal relations with colleagues and practice open communication with team members in all offices.
- Be the cloud champion by continuously learning new technologies and identifying technical areas for GuideWell to invest in, to stay ahead in the market.
- Follow cloud technologies roadmap so that new solutions can be proposed to customers.
- The resource will support the implementation of AWS organizations, IAM policies and AWS network architecture including VPCs, Subnets, Direct Connect
- 2+ years of hands-on cloud migration experience in AWS.
- Practical experience designing and building solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS.
- Knowledge in AWS cloud infrastructure is mandatory; Strong work experience in SAN, OS, network, disaster recovery, high availability, firewalls, load balancers, and other advanced hardware concepts, clustering and VMWare etc. is required.
- Extensive experience with one or more orchestration/automation platforms: AWS CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied skills in scripting, Git, Maven/Nexus and Jenkins.
- Must be very well versed in cloud security and must be able to educate customers on moving to the cloud.
- Past experience in a Windows environment , VMware and Linux experience favorable.
- Working knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, JBoss etc.) and web servers (Apache, HAProxy, IIS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RDBMS databases on the cloud is preferred.
- Past work experience designing and architecting cloud migration projects is mandatory.
- Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in delivery.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills - able to influence customer stakeholders.
- Team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentorship & directions to the team & take technical decisions with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn new technology/new concepts.
- AWS Certified Solutions architect - Associate would be given preference, Azure Certification is a plus.
- Experience provisioning, administering and troubleshooting a majority of services on Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in automation using one or more automation platforms such as Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Should have experience with command line or API integration with Cloud Service Provider APIs.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Responsible for cloud (AWS) security infrastructure, monitoring and compliance management of automated solutions for security features.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Systems Engineer IV position.
Job Status: Full Time