Systems Engineer II
IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problem and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
- Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
- Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
- Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
- Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
- May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
- Writes programming/scripting
- May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
- May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
- Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
- Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
- Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- 2 years managing and supporting enterprise class storage (NAS/SAN/SDS).
- Previous work experience as an Enterprise Storage Engineer supporting a large enterprise.
- Solid storage area network (SAN) experience supporting multiple arrays (EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, EMC Isilon, EMC DataDomain, EMC ECS).
- Should have a good understanding of Fibre Channel on Cisco and Brocade SAN infrastructure
- Strong Linux command line scripting experience a plus
- Experience managing EMC VPLEX and SRDF technologies a plus
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware, a plus.
- Experience with IBM AIX a Plus
- Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develop and implement improved practices.
- Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems
- Contact vendors for problem and incident resolution.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Systems Engineer II position.
Job Status: Full Time