BTG, in partnership with a top ranked State Department in Florida, has an immediate need for a Storage Management Specialist professional.
About the Storage Management Specialist: Provides efficient and reliable storage allocation and defines backup, recovery, archival procedures. Ability to write administrative scripts to automate tasks. Extensive experience with Commvault Backup software up to at least version 11. Extensive experience administering Volume Managers, file systems, and Backup and Recovery software. Fundamental knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, and networking technologies. Fundamental knowledge of system security best practices, data center operations, and enterprise-level multi-tenant systems. Fundamental knowledge of networking principles and protocols (OSI layers, TCPIP, subnetting, IPV4, IPV6). Develops and implements business continuity practices for storage management. Installs, configures, tests and implements storage management software and hardware. Monitors use and availability of storage resources. Maintains and modifies backup and recovery procedures to meet high availability and mission critical business needs. Working knowledge of Windows and Open Systems operating systems and their access methods for storage and backup.
Requirements of the Storage Management Specialist:
- Troubleshoots storage related issues and takes appropriate actions.
- Generates reports and analysis on storage usage.
- Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products.
- Possesses skills and knowledge related to network, operating systems, Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and tape backup solution.
- Work Schedule
- Work hours are: Monday through Friday, Normal Business Hours, but may include after hours, nights, and weekends.
- Telecommuting may be allowed with written approval by the Department
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this role, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can also be submitted via email to *************
or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com
. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.