Sr PLSQL Developer
Candidates will be responsible for the technical design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications. Partner with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers to ensure that designs satisfy business and technical requirements. Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems and identify integration points. Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors. Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems. Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Research production issues and provide documented analysis and sizing estimates required to fix the issue. Provide support for financial jobs and related project work in the unit and QA testing environments. Provide support for the financial jobs in the production environment based on a designated on-call rotation schedule.
- 8+ years’ experience in Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Extensive knowledge of PL/SQL and advance database concepts
- Thorough Understanding of SDLC concepts.
- Strong SQL knowledge and ability to write very complex queries.
- Experience building functional and technical design specifications based on system Requirements /
- Strong understanding of relational databases like Oracle
- Qualified in writing stored procedures, functions, packages and Database triggers using PL/SQL.
- Using latest features to optimize/tune performance (Bulk Collects, Collections, Ref Cursors, Materialized views, Global Temporary Tables).
- Strong analytical problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to debug production issues with minimal support.
- Unit Testing the changes using tools / stubs to make sure code has good quality.
- Ability to understand and incorporate PLSQL standards into coding assignments.
- Work closely with others in the team and willing to help others when needed and maintain good relationship with all team members
- Claims processing knowledge is preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge in DB2 / Mongo databases.