Sr Java Developer
IT Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. IT Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects.
* Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
* Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
* Review code developed by other IT Developers.
* Provide input to and drive programming standards.
* Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
* Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
* Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
* "Scope" time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
* Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
* Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
* Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
* Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
* Other duties as assigned
* 5 or more years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
* Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
* Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
* Work experience in Java and JavaEE
* Experience working with React/Redux/Nodejs required for 60% of this position
* Extensive experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
* 3 or more years of development experience using IBM Websphere Application Server (versions up to 8.5) & Liberty.
* Extensive development experience using databases such as Oracle,DB2 and MongoDB. Must be well versed in writing SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers.
* Extensive experience with Spring modules such as IOC, AOP, MVC, Forms, Transaction Management, Security and Batch
* Extensive experience with Sprint Boot & OpenShift.
* Extensive development experience using JPA, Hibernate, etc.
* Demonstrated development experience with both producing and consuming web services (Soap and Rest)
* Development experience using Middleware Technologies including: IBM MQ-Series and JMS
* Development experience using an Eclipse based tool such as RAD or RSA
* Experience using a source code management tool such as Subversion or an equivalent
* Demonstrated experience with UNIX (AIX) operating systems
* Experience with ANT scripting, UNIX commands, and File Transfer Protocols
* Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
* In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
* Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
* High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
* Experience with logging mechanisms like Log4J & Splunk.
* Experience using Agile methodology.
* Experience/knowledge with HIPPA transactions
* Experience in Health Insurance industry.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter, e-mail your most current resume to email@example.com or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com