Specialist - Business Project Management I
Specialists apply discipline-specific or institutional knowledge and skills in the performance of departmental activities which support the Company's operations. Specialists typically prepare for their role by earning a post-secondary degree in a specific field, obtaining certification, or by on-the-job training and work experience. Incumbents may directly manage a small number of direct reports; the primary function of the role is applying specialized knowledge and skills as an exempt-level individual contributor.
This position will be responsible for implementation of a new provider appointment scheduling capability within the online provider directory and assisted channels (phone, retail centers). The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of healthcare, working knowledge of provider office workflows, EMRs, and Practice Management Systems, strong project management, communication and leadership skills, and solid analytical skills needed to make data driven decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of cost estimation capability, supporting members to understand specific out of pocket costs for individual services and episodes before obtaining care
- Lead development of business requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners and vendors (IT, Claims, Customer Service, Providers, Network, Legal/Compliance, etc.) to achieve project objectives
- Lead development & documentation of business processes and controls to enable appointment scheduling via assisted and self-service channels
- Participate in gathering market research, data for RFP’s and selection of technology vendors, as needed
- Support identification of training and communication needs to ensure successful launch
- Ensure that internal risk and liability exposure is limited and advise the business and compliance Leaders regarding any liability we may encounter due to exchange of member information or communication with members regarding appointments.
- Drive innovation and continuous process improvements to achieve best-in-class experience with internal and external customers
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- In depth knowledge of health insurance, benefits and claims processes, and provider payment models strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Proven ability to manage large-scale, complex projects, including the design, development, and implementation of innovative business capabilities to achieve strategic direction
- Working knowledge of provider office workflows, EMRs, and Practice Management Systems a plus - specifically regarding Cost Transparency with healthcare projects
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business results in an environment of ambiguity, challenge and constantly changing business needs
- Must have ability to influence, manage, collaborate and build relationships with individuals across the organization and achieve results through those who are not direct reports
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Business Project Management Specialist position.
Job Status: Full Time