Specialist - Accounting V
- Specialists are staff professionals who apply specialized knowledge, typically as individual contributors, in assisting management in matters that require special interpretation or expertise. Incumbents utilize their professional (i.e., discipline-specific) and/or institutional knowledge, including theories, practices and techniques, to perform department activities.
- Incumbents may directly manage no more than 2 employees.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Provides consultative support for management of a single financial system’s new products, new reporting requirements, or improvements to current processes.
- Provides support on financial applications for problem resolution, analysis report writing and enhancements and monthly update processes.
- Resolves system and/or business process problems and issues and/or mitigate risks to systems and business process. This may also include system requirements/enhancements, business requirement specs, test strategies, etc.
- Assists in the development of business project plans and implementation plans to support major deliverables of applications.
- Validates system-testing results prior to implementation of new or enhanced interfaces and provide support to impacted areas.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to financial systems.
- May lead or participate on project teams as a SME on one or more financial systems.
- May develop training materials and conduct training sessions on new processes and modules.
- May be the single point of contact for finance areas, IM and IT to acquire and share information relative to new or existing financial system interfaces which includes maintenance and implementation of financial interfaces.
- May develop data structures to support financial process (e.g. such as data cube, data transformation, etc.)
- 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Accounting Specialist position.
Job Status: Full Time