BTG, in partnership with a top ranked Technology company in Florida, has an immediate need for a software engineer. This position includes a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Work with developers to enhance a web-based application used by colleges and universities around the country in support of their job listing, application management, online time sheet, time off accruals, event scheduling, departmental budget, and reporting, processes using the Microsoft .NET 4.0+ and Core frameworks and SQL Server 2008 and above.
- Perform software development activities including systems design, development, documentation, testing and integration.
- Provide support and maintenance on legacy ASP.NET Web Forms software, as well as building and migrating to a newer ASP.NET Core MVC application.
- Support all phases of life-cycle software implementation and application development.
- Actively participate in agile/scrum software development activities.
- Participate in JAD / JAR sessions aimed at creating the best solution possible
- Provide timely updates and meet internal deadlines in accordance with project milestones
- Support NG's proprietary API service and various Single Sign On (SSO) methods (e.g. LDAP, Shibboleth, SAML, CAS, etc.)
Databases: SQL Server 2008 R2
Internet Technologies: ASP.NET
Frameworks: ASP.NET Core, .NET Framework 4.0+, Entity Framework, Bootstrap a plus
Web server: Internet Information Services 6.0 and above
Source Code Management: SVN or similar product
IDE: Visual Studio 2013 and above
Distributing Environment: Web services, API
Operating Systems: Windows (2008, 2012)
UI Software: Telerik
- 7+ years of experience in building multi-tiered ASP.NET web applications written in C# using Web Forms.
- Experience migrating Web Form-based web applications to MVC a plus
- Working experience in creating web applications which deliver exceptional performance
- Deep understanding of web farms and associated software requirements
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and developing database-driven .NET applications. Including: ability to write, troubleshoot, and optimize complex queries and stored procedures.
- Strong demonstrated experience in using ASP.NET, CSS and jQuery.
- Experience using Bootstrap in both Web Forms and MVC
- Understanding of software security practices and associated best practices
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers, analysts and product managers.
PREFERRED BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE:
- Online time sheets and time accrual tracking, workflow, and dashboard metrics
- Bachelor's degree in IT field and/or commensurate experience.