Senior Technical Support Engineer
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked defense company in Ohio, has an immediate need for an Senior Technical Support Engineer.
Requirements of the Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Senior Specialist: Bachelors plus 6 years experience
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, mechanical assembly drawings, electrical and electronic test equipment, AC and DC theory, electronics, and general build processes including but not limited to soldering, wiring, PCB handling, and mechanical assembly.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with the safe and proper operation of basic electrical test equipment, electronics tools, and hand tools such as: oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, micrometers, assorted gauges, logic analyzers, and assorted mechanical or electronic testing equipment, computers, and related utilities and computer controlled test equipment
- Able to carry out as well as create complex technical instructions
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide-range, diverse user community and present ideas and solutions in a user-friendly language to team members and to non-technical staff
- Ability to build positive relationships with both customers and program teams
- Ability to operate independently, ensuring customer satisfaction and compliance with applicable regulations and norms
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD Secret security clearance if necessary.
Benefits of the Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Full time hours, 4/10s work schedule (every Friday off)
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Be part of a production team responsible for providing second or third tier technical support and analysis to engineers, technicians, customers and users.
- Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning product or test equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug complex electro/mechanical products and equipment, computer systems and/or software over the phone, email or on site.
- Report design, failure, reliability and maintenance problems to Engineering and recommend solutions to resolve reported problems and improve test and manufacturing processes.
- Assist in determining if failure is attributed to product or test equipment.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.