Senior Software Developer
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked healthcare company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Technical Support/Help Desk professional.
About the Position:
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Guidewire BillingCenter Developer for their Jacksonville, FL office. The Senior Software Developer assists the team in the design, development and maintenance of our clients Enterprise Services team that configures Guidewire BillingCenter and integrates our clients applications with various 3rd party insurance and financial vendors. Works closely with Software Engineers and Architects in the development of system components
- Provides technical support for multiple moderately complex insurance and financial applications and system software technologies within areas of expertise.
- Provides estimates to design, code, unit test and deploy complex requirements to applications owned by the team
- Develops, documents and executes unit test cases.
- Delivers quality and timely results.
- Owns and resolves complex technical problems and issues with assigned applications and work processes.
- Review and recommend test plans for impacted areas and end to end test coverage.
- Complies with and supports all corporate, department and team policies and procedures.
- Keeps manager, project teams/managers and business customers informed of activities and problems within assigned areas of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority to manager for direction.
- Recommends improvements to existing processes or proposes new ones, to improve the quality of project deliverables
- Ensure reviews for quality (accurate and complete) of application software designs are scheduled and conducted to ensure optimal use of software systems.
- Consults with internal and external customers on the utilization of applications computing technologies, within areas of expertise, to ensure that customers optimize the value of those technologies.
- Leads projects across technical disciplines; plans for the appropriate resources needed.
- Develop technical knowledge and performance skills of IS projects teams for multiple applications.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies independently or with the architect's implementation.
- Implement and support proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Develops and obtains sign offs on technical specs, design documents, functional designs and requirements.
- Guide teams on long term solutions for resolving frequently occurring production problems and reducing defect leakage.
- Ensure code is being developed per standards with focus on maintainability and ensure unit test cases are being developed, documented and executed with the test results recorded. Ensure that the technical design presented by the architects is followed by the software development staff.
- Ensure batch cycles are being executed according to plan and that defects are resolved in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Lead team in successful completion of phase gates for projects.
Requirements of the Position:
- 6+ Years of Experience Bachelor's degree, equivalent work experience or appropriate technical certification.
- 2+ years of current experience with Guidewire BillingCenter
- Version control using Git (e.g. Stash, Github, Gitlab etc.) and Gradle Build Tool (version 3+)
- Unit testing with JUnit4/5 and/or Spock and mocking frameworks (e.g. JMockit / Mockito / Spock / Spring Testing)
- Java, Spring Boot experience required.
- Experience with cloud development practices.
- Advanced certifications for coding/development.
- Demonstrates advanced technical skills. Advanced knowledge of a specific programming language and a good knowledge of related languages.
- The ability to provide technical leadership on large/complex application installation, development and support projects; Advanced knowledge of program design methods and techniques and standard development tools.
- Use knowledge of new frameworks, tools and languages and make recommendations in applications as appropriate.
- Ability to understand and identify improvement areas in architecture and integration designs.
- Ability to teach and provide instruction to co-workers and provide feedback on progress toward goals.
- Able to follow and create best practice development standards.
- Worked with various project methodologies (agile and waterfall).
- Able to translate business to technical requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Understands technical controls, security concepts and SOX requirements.
- Professional experience within Insurance or Financial Services preferred.
Benefits of the Position:
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can also be submitted via email to email@example.com or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.