Senior Middleware Engineer
BTG in partnership with the top-ranked Logistics company in Florida has an immediate need for a Senior Middleware Engineer.
Benefits of the Senior Middle Ware Engineer
- Flexible Hours
- Full-time hours, 3-month contract to hire
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Our client has an immediate need for a skilled and motivated Senior Middleware Engineer to work from our Jacksonville, FL offices. This role works as part of the Middleware Engineering team. This fast-paced team owns and uses a broad range of technologies including web servers, application servers, queuing, automation and more. The Sr. Systems Administrator will work with multiple software development teams working production enterprise insurance applications in both Windows and Linux environments.
Under general supervision, this position provides technical consulting and support for middleware and infrastructure technologies. Maintains and enhances existing hardware and software technologies to ensure optimal use of computing systems; implements new technologies to improve information processing on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain the application, web, and other server environments used for middleware processes.
- Design & implement new solutions and environments in collaboration with architecture, development, and DevOps teams.
- Assist development and architecture teams in debugging issues related to middleware products.
- Contribute to various projects, following both traditional and agile project management methods.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to other team members as needed.
- Continuously improve technologies and solutions provided by the team.
- Drive development, implementation, and processes towards scalability
- Maintain appropriate project documentation for all work products
- 4-year degree in information technology-related discipline and/or 5 years related work experience
- Must be able to work 24/7 On Call in rotation
- Understanding of the DevOps principles and patterns in an enterprise organization
- Demonstrate understanding of source-code management processes (Git)
- Significant experience in scripting - Python, Jython, Ruby, PowerShell a plus
- Familiarity with popular monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, CAAPM, Nagios and Splunk
- Experience with automation & config tools Chef, Puppet a plus
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.