Senior Java Developer
BTG in partnership with the top ranked Insurance company in Florida has an immediate need for an Senior Java Developer.
Requirements of the Senior Java Developer
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience is required.
- 5+ years of current Java / J2EE development experience is required.
- Proficient in four or more of the following technical disciplines: XSLT, SOAP Web Services, JDOM, RESTful Web Services, SQL, and Tomcat 7+
- Knowledgeable of the following technical disciplines: Angular JS, Apache Solr, and MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies is a preferred.
- Auto and Home insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of AgencyPortal 5.x and Connect5 is a plus.
- Education equivalent to a college degree in an information technology related or business administration related discipline, supplemented by insurance or computer-related courses/knowledge, or the equivalent in related work experience.
Benefits of the Senior Java Developer
- Flexible Hours
- Contract to Hire
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer
- Technical lead for the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing systems.
- Ensure all development adheres to standards and best practices.
- Provide guidance in the creation or modification of standards and best practices.
- Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes.
- Mentor, coach, and guide other developers with solution identification, problem solving, and growing their skills and abilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to identify and develop additional system enhancements and improvements.
- Train and assist users with using the current systems.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.