Senior IT Database Administrator
The Senior IT Database Administrator (Senior DBA) provides consultation related to database management and administration. The Senior DBA’s perform detailed data flow analysis ensuring the highest levels of efficiency in database and query design in distributed data flows. Senior DBA’s administer database systems to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. The Senior DBA is responsible for maintenance, control and testing of complex databases which provide orderly methods of data storage and controlled access to data. Senior DBA’s also maintain complex query language for established database systems, design and execute backup and recovery schemes and implement disaster recovery procedures. The Senior DBA serves as a subject matter expert providing consultation to end-users and project team members on database management, query development, system requirements and database change management initiatives and providing technical guidance to other DBAs.
- Consults on database, architecture and related infrastructure technologies to all areas and levels within IT.
- Consults on exploiting opportunities involving multiple hardware and software systems, issue resolution, providing innovative business solutions, etc. to both internal and external customers and partners.
- Provides technical leadership on the implementation of leading-edge database technologies and the design and implementation of large-scale technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Develops and ensures compliance with all system, disaster recovery and security audit policies.
- Writes complex programming/scripts.
- Participate in disaster recovery design, testing and execution
- Monitor and evaluate database performance and adjust database configuration as appropriate
- Provide technical leadership to other DBAs
- Design process for database change management issues related to environment migration
- Make highly complex physical changes to current databases, often this requires working after hours
- Maintain operational documentation (e.g., procedures, task lists, architecture blueprints)
- Provide subject matter expertise to corporate projects and initiatives
- Work with users and IT partners to understand requirements for a physical database design
- Provide database consulting expertise to corporate projects and initiatives applying PMM and development life cycle concepts
- Address customer concerns and issues related to database management
- Evaluate database performance and adjust configuration appropriately
- Provide production support for outages, restore/recovery events
- Optimize implementation of system design in order to optimize performance and effectiveness while realizing the optimum technical issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 or more year’s professional experience as a Postgres (EnterpriseDB ASE) database Administrator with strong working knowledge of Operational/Systems DBA to setup and support EnterpriseDB-Postgres.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
- Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading EnterpriseDB/Postgres databases and clusters.
- Experience in configuring and supporting Enterprise Manager.
- Setting up users tools for administration.
- Experience in deploying EnterpriseDB in Linux on Power environment and good understanding of operating system concepts of Linux (RHEL).
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database server deployment.
- Proven experience in working in a mission critical environment in a multi-terabyte database platforms.
- Working knowledge of architecting, configuring, setting up Enterprise Fail over manager for HA solution.
- Experience in setting up EnterpriseDB Replication.
- Working Knowledge of connection poolers (pgPool and pgBouncer)
- Perform routine maintenance on several database environments including application of updates, patches, and hotfixes
- Installation/configuration and implementation of PEM, BART, xDB/EFM, Performance Dashboard.
- Creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment.
- Designing and building data models, schemas, views, and tables to support application requirements
- Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism, data encryption, obfuscation, auditing using tools such as Guardium.
- Extensive experience designing and executing backup and recovery concepts and procedures
- Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning/
- Experience in using Splunk, Nimsoft for Availability and performance.
- Good understanding of licensing options and optimization.
- Experience in scripting languages (shell or python or Perl) for automating DBA administrative tasks.
- Experience with automation tools such as Control-M.
- Experience in implementing Postgres STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
- In-depth knowledge of IT industry database technologies and processes and business applications integrated with database technologies.
- Provide 24 x 7 Support to Critical production systems.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in working closely with the application development teams to resolve any performance related issues and provide application support.
- Enterprise DB Postgres Database Administration Certification.
- Added advantage of knowledge of administration of MongoDB, LDAP, MySQL.
- Health care industry related experience.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference SQL DBA III position.
Job Status: Full Time