Senior Information Security Applications Architect
BTG in partnership with the top ranked Healthcare company in Florida has an immediate need for a Senior Information Security Architect.
Requirements of the Senior Information Security Applications Architect
- 5+ Years Information Technology Experience
- 4+ years Security or Application Architecture Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Highly developed proficiency in creating architectural designs for gradually complex designs
- Highly adept at consulting, negotiating, communicating, consensus building, presentation and facilitation
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology security solutions and trends including security and regulatory industry requirements
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing security architecture and design
- Knowledge of Information Security procedures and controls
- Demonstrated experience with defense in depth, trust levels, privileges and permissions
- In-depth knowledge of development practices of security technologies
- Demonstrated leadership skills through project or technical leadership experience
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences
- These resources will be creating and implementing Security controls for Applications. They will not be building security controls for networks or hardware. Candidates must have a strong understanding of the SDLC process and its Business Capabilities.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Health care industry related experience is preferred
- Information Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CISM)
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Securing Digital Engagement models such as mobile, IOT, wearables, etc.
- Security engineering for API gateways, REST Web Services, JSON Web Tokens "JWT", SOAP
- Knowledge of CMS ARS controls and ability to design security controls to support control objectives
Benefits of the Senior Information Security Applications Architect
- $60 - $73 per hour, depending on experience
- Contract to Hire
- Flexible Hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the Senior Information Security Applications Architect
- Responsible for design and implementation of security strategy, architecture and platforms.
- Responsible for enterprise due-diligence activities including security monitoring and security metrics to evaluate effectiveness of the enterprise security program and established controls.
- Accountable for adhering to enterprise architecture standards, ensuring security technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to enterprise architecture strategy-setting.
- Responsible for ensuring necessary security controls are part of technical designs.
- Participates in security governance processes.
- Participates in IT security efforts across all business areas and client groups.
- Troubleshoots, recommends and executes action plans for issue resolution.
- Serves as security architecture subject matter expert to business areas, project teams and vendors to apply and execute appropriate use of technology solutions and lead efforts to examine technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Builds consensus around principles of security architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced Security Architects.
- Participates on project teams contributing input with regard to security standards and the impact to technology.
- Investigates and reports on security threats and incidents.
- Conducts post-event reviews of security incidents.
- Maintains operational, architectural and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and architecture blue prints.
- Evaluates strengths and flaws in Security Architecture designs including performance, confidentiality, integrity, availability, access and total cost of ownership.
- Facilitates project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
- Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
- Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.