Senior Hadoop Developer
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked healthcare company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Sr. Hadoop Developer.
Requirements of the Sr. Hadoop Developer
- 5-8 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- IT development/programming/coding professional within a Hadoop environment
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Experience with HADOOP and Spark
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
Benefits of the Sr. Hadoop Developer
- Full time hours
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
Responsibilities of the Sr. Hadoop Developer
- Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- "Scope" time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.