Senior Electrical Engineer
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked defense company in Ohio, has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
Requirements of the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- BSEE with minimum 9-13 years of previous relevant experience, 7-11 minimum years experience with MSEE.
- The individual will have a history of setting high goals and standards for self, others, and the organization, be dissatisfied with average performance and assume full responsibility for results.
- The individual will be a self-starter, identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, effectively manage one's time and resources, be a team player, and possess strong communication and written skills.
- Strong focus on originating action to improve existing conditions and processes, identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions are also characteristics of a strong candidate. Individuals will also demonstrate professional and ethical behavior in all business dealings.
- Strong understanding of basic analog building blocks including differential amplifiers, op amps, LDOs, filters, data converters, etc.
- Solid understanding of circuit theory, components and troubleshooting skills.
- Power conversion AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC, Linear and Switching Supplies
- Power design Filtering, EMI suppression, Short circuit protection
- Experience with serial communication buses including UART, SPI, and I2C
- Proficiency with simulation tools such as SPICE, MATLAB, etc.
- Team Player with excellent communication skills to work effectively across different engineering disciplines.
- Proficient with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with temperature sensors, MEMs accelerometers, differential pressure sensors, and Gyros.
- Experience designing for ESD protection
- Experience with PADS Logic/Layout and Altium Designer
- EMI Design and Test Experience (MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461)
- Design for extreme environments (Vibration, Shock, Temperature, Temperature & Humidity)
- Energetic materials interfacing/testing (EFDIs, LEEFIs, Lead Charges, Boosters).
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-1316, MIL-STD-1901
Benefits of the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Analog and digital design of ruggedized electronics for ordnance applications.
- Circuit tolerance analyses using hand calculations and Spice tools
- Requirements development, refinement and compliance.
- Generating test plans and test reports for electrical, environmental, and energetic tests.
- Perform and/or oversee design verification tests IAW plan/instructions.
- Assist with the fabrication, including procurement and build process, and test of prototype hardware.
- Participation in and preparation of materials for internal design reviews and customer/government safety reviews.
- Technical interface with customers for assigned programs.
- Lead failure investigations using structured tools (8D, Fishbone, Cause & Effect, etc.)
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.