Senior Database Architect (AWS)
BTG in partnership with the top ranked insurance company in Florida and Alabama has an immediate need for a Senior Database Architect.
Seeking a Sr. Database Architect to join the team in Jacksonville or Birmingham. The Database Architect works with Infrastructure and Application Development teams to provide database solutions that meet the functional and non-functional needs of the solution. Your central responsibility as the Database Architect will be to develop, optimize and oversee our company's data systems residing on-premise and in the cloud. Your duties may include preparing architect models, monitoring / optimizing system performance, and supervising system migrations. Platform selection and onboarding of database solutions that meet the technical and operational needs of the company.
To succeed in this role, you should know how to examine new data system requirements and implement migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Requirements of the Senior Database Architect
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a similar role.
- Must have AWS or Azure experience
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits of the Senior Database Architect
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision within the first month of employment
- 401k with company match
- Tuition assistance
- Generous paid time off
Responsibilities of the Senior Database Architect
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Participates as a technical architect in Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and product evaluation.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.