Senior Database Administrator
You will be responsible for supporting various application development teams by implementing solutions and optimizing databases for the applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the administration of the organization's internal databases
- Provide analysis and implementation of synchronization services between multiple databases
- Modify the database structure (production promotions), as necessary, from information given by application developers and other Sr. DBAs
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the database
- Plan for backup and recovery of database information
- Provide support for database standardization programs from design, development and implementation to include after hours and weekends when required
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of DBMS environment
- Provide production support and work in a 24/7/365 environment
- Work in an on-call rotation with other Corporate Technology personnel
- Implement approved system security policies to include the configuration of user access and permission across the SQL Enterprise
- Troubleshoot and resolve database problems
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in relevant work experience to include business process support
- Minimum of 5 years Database Administration experience to include MS SQL Server (including performance tuning and optimization, backups, restores, and recovery).
- Candidate must be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, be highly organized, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must possess an analytical mindset with the ability to articulate thoughts clearly, be able to understand issues and devise specific database solutions.
- Strong team-work ability
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills with organizational skills
- Oral/written communication skills
- Attention to detail