Security Specialist I
The Associate IT Security Specialist is accountable for activities that ensure all users in the organization have the appropriate levels of access to applications, systems and data resources. Evaluates and maintains procedures to safeguard information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Ensures compliance with Security regulations and laws. Recommends and implements changes to enhance security controls and prevent unauthorized access.
- Responsible for the end-to-end completion of security requests.
- Provisions user security roles and manages security groups across systems, platforms, databases, applications, servers, directors and folders.
- Analyzes existing role structures to improve and streamline structures, security administration and improve end-user experience.
- Creates or maintains application scripts and uses application specific tools to create or manage application security.
- Tracks and documents security issues and requests, actively monitors work queue.
- Plans, coordinates, communicates, tests and implements audits ensuring that access entitlements are appropriate for job requirements.
- Creates and coordinates completion of detailed security reports to fulfill audit, management or business owner requirements.
- Accountable for follow-up of all security work requests including collaborating with other IT areas to ensure timely completion/resolution and obtainment of appropriate approval levels.
- Interfaces with users to understand new capabilities, implement procedures, ensure security procedures have been communicated properly and are being adhered to.
- Provides input to drive process improvements.
- Maintains and creates operational procedures and maintains Security Knowledge Base.
- Performs system monitoring activities, identification and evaluation of security threats, breaches and vulnerabilities.
- Responds to security alerts.
- Responsible for on-call release support.
- Performs audit support activities for internal and external audits.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provisioning experience, strong work ethic and ability to work well on a team, learn quickly and interact well with our end users.
- Experience in access provisioning.
- Telecommuting experience is preferred.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Security Specialist I position.
Job Status: Full Time