BTG, in partnership with a top ranked healthcare company in Florida, has an immediate need for a SAS Developer.
Requirements of the SAS Developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
- Relevant Development certifications
- 2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- Experience using algorithms and inferential statistics.
- Advanced level experience with SAS EG
- Advanced Excel skills (specifically VBA)
- Experience with Python
- Experience in analyzing health insurance market data is a plus
- Experience with Tableau is also a plus
- R coding experience highly preferred and Unix and Shell would be a bonus
- Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- proficiency with SAS/BASE (Data step programming)
- May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience with statistical analysis and SAS/STAT procedures
- Experience with health care claims data
- Experience with relational database systems
- Strong experience with installation, configuration, and administration of SAS 9.1.3 or higher.
- Experience with scheduling with LSF Platform Suite built into SAS.
- Strong experience with SAS BI Server
Benefits of the SAS Developer
- 100% remote EST hours (M-F (8-5))
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the SAS Developer
IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions. They will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products. Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
SAS Developers are responsible for loading, documenting, and cleaning large and complex health care data sets, creating analytical data files, and running statistical analyses. Available to help investigators, junior researchers, and other staff with the use of data files within various clinical research projects. SAS Developers will convert existing SAS code into high quality SAS code that is efficient (fast), automated, maintainable, and follows industry best practices.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.