BTG, in partnership with a top ranked defense company in New York, has an immediate need for a Radio Frequency Design Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented technical Electrical engineer well versed in the design and deployment of complex RF hardware systems to join an engineering organization that designs and delivers leading edge communications products.
Requirements of the RF Design Engineer include:
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years prior related experience.
- Ability to work autonomously and with others to resolve technical issues
- Ability to obtain US Government Secret Security Clearance
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent discipline
- Exposure to RF Communications Systems desirable
- Exposure to test scripting programming language such as LabView or Matlab desirable
- Experience with ASICs, PLLs, DACs, Amplifiers and Power Supply circuitry desirable
- Tactical radio communications, waveform development, video processing/encoding, and networking knowledge
- Experience with the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management tools a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and with others to resolve technical issues.
- Proven and effective communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus are a must.
Benefits of the RF Design Engineer include:
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
Responsibilities of the RF Design Engineer include:
- Lead role in RF hardware research, design, and development of software defined radio systems
- Application of the principles and techniques of electrical engineering, computer engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Make design decisions and assess technical risks in light of understanding customer requirements
- Execution of hardware development processes in accordance with Harris business practices
- Perform detailed design of RF circuitry
- Perform radio integration with other subsystems including Digital circuitry, FPGA, DSP and embedded firmware
- Perform subsystem and radio level verification and validation testing using formal techniques
- Introduce designs through new product introduction processed into manufacturing
- Identify, track and repair assigned hardware defects.
- Engagement in project post-mortem reviews in order to assess future process improvements.
- The ability to complete assignments on a self-directed basis with only high-level direction provided at the start of tasking.
- Provide leadership in the development of technical staff through strategic hiring, mentoring, and training
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.