QA Specialist III
IT Testing Specialists creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing. IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned:
- Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
- Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
- Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
- Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
- Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
- Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
- Sets up and executes complex scripts independently.
- Sets up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions or solicits information on incomplete requirements.
- Work with developers to create automated tests.
- Create automated test scripts for sprints.
- The testing need is for self service platform for integration tools (Boomi, Datapower, Siteminder and SFT).
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference QA Specialist III position.
Job Status: Full Time