Project Manager I
The GWC Project Manager plays an integral role in driving business growth and improving profitability by providing exceptional project management.
- Focuses on delighting the customer by becoming the expert in business processes to manage multiple projects in support of business and operational initiatives as assigned.
- The Project Manager leads projects by creating scope documents based on approved charters, developing project plans (work breakdown structures), monitoring project status, and identifying dependencies, risks and issues that impact quality, timelines, and cost.
- This individual works closely with the team and internal stakeholders to communicate critical path items and work toward resolving challenges early to keep programs on schedule and team members accountable thus ensuring success of the project.
- Tracks key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Utilizes analytical and communication skills as well as understanding of the business to document, summarize, and communicate status updates of assigned projects.
The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Understands the goals and objectives of the project and it’s alignment with stakeholder organization business strategy, documents scope with high level requirements.
- Understand the need for Business Case/ROI and ensure its completion.
- Responsible for translating user requirements to determine appropriate project milestones, deliverables, tasks and subtasks and documents the detailed project plan (work breakdown structure) associated with the following:
- Resource Management
- Budget/Financial Management
- Dependency Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Change Management
- Issue Management
- Administers and manages the project team providing functional and technical team leadership
- Coordinates activities across the project team to assure effective design, development and implementation.
- Reviews detailed project plans and tracking financial information.
- Assigns the extended team tasks and deadlines, holds members accountable and assists with access to tools and resources
- Leads project meetings.
- Manages all documentation related to the project as well as internal communications.
- Advises project team, customers and staff on tactical solutions to deal with barriers within a project.
- Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders and team members in order to achieve mutual goals.
- Develops and maintains cross functional business partner relationships to develop, implement and support effective operational readiness and go to market plans.
- Manages the project delivery activities in accordance with Project Management Methodologies/EPMO
- Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations.
- Coordinates with the technical team members on infrastructure and development issues
- Resolves technical, planning and coordination issues
- Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actual cost and overall financial management for assigned projects.
- Works with the functional team members to define specific user test cases and test plans.
- Participates in user and usability testing to facilitate optimal end user experience that reduces admin costs.
- Supports implementation activities to ensure goals are achieved.
- Accountable for active facilitation of project issue resolution, change, risk and dependency management.
- Plans, develops and executes plans to transition to functional governance at the appropriate time in the project life-cycle.
- Communicates project status to project team, stakeholders’ leadership and Program Managers associated with other projects.
- Closely tracks timelines and communicates to leadership any potential slippages, work plan modifications and change requests.
- Provides status reports to leadership on time and with high quality and completeness.
- Identifies and calls out risks to timelines, quality, or cost and escalates to leadership as appropriate.
- Maintains issue logs and ensures all issues identified are resolved.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Project Manager I position.
Job Status: Full Time