BTG, in partnership with a top ranked insuraance company in Florida, has an immediate need for a Paralegal professional.
About the Position:
If you are an organized and determined multitasker with good computer skills and passionate about the legal field, this position may be for you. We are seeking a Paralegal to work in our Miami Florida legal office to provide general paralegal support for the office. This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your legal career.
- Handles heavy case load and assigned to one attorney
- Will handle various types of litigation including but not limited to PIP, bodily injury, subrogation and property damage matters.
- Handles responses to discover and propounding same; including meeting with clients when necessary.
- Assists with preparation of cases for trial, depositions and hearings
- Assists attorneys with the preparation of responses to discovery, including meeting with clients when necessary.
- Assists with preparation of cases for trial. Sends out discovery requests. Monitors compliance with discovery by all parties and prepares motions as appropriate.
- Assists attorneys with investigation of cases. Obtains medical, insurance, employment and/or other records/information, through record requests or subpoenas. Assists with the drafting of motions, briefs and other documents.
- Communicates with clients, claims adjusters, litigation specialists, attorneys' offices, medical provider offices, police departments, courts and agents to request additional information/documentation as assigned.
- Sets up legal file jackets, as needed. Maintains summary of all records received by case, for attorneys and other claims personnel.
- Performs legal research at the request of the attorneys.
- Any experience with Insurance Defense
- This will be a hybrid schedule ( 3days out of office 2 days in or visa versa)
- Could be perm or 90 day contract to hire
- Get times they are available to interview
- Must have a paralegal certificate or degree
- Must have a minimum of three years paralegal experience; including knowledge and practice of drafting discovery documents and discovery responses, summarizing claims files and medical records and interviewing clients
- Must be familiar with operation of general office equipment including calculator, fax machine, copy machine, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills required.
Benefits of the Position:
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can also be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.