SUMMARY: Responsible for architecting the Company’s information technology (IT) networks, including voice and data operations (& Video). The Network Architect (Voice, Wireless and Data) provides a hands-on leadership role in the development and delivery of secure voice and data connectivity for the client. Additionally, the Network Architect role will be required to provide top level escalation support for systemic and prioritized operational issues. An advanced understanding of all facets of voice and data networks as they pertain to business networks will enable effectiveness. This role requires both a hands-on approach and the ability to manage resources for diverse technology platforms.
- Conducts analysis and provides input into information technology strategic planning for Voice, Data, Wireless, Call Centers, and Unified Communications as a Service.
- Lead the design and fulfillment of all network architecture requirements to support data, voice, and other network dependent traffic.
- Work with our managed service providers to develop and maintain standards, policies and procedures as required.
- Act as the point of escalation for voice and data operational issues and direct resource allocation (internal or third party) to expedite resolution.
- Be available and ready to lead the network recovery actions for emergency declarations and participate in scheduled events, demonstrations, testing and recovery efforts whenever necessary.
- Subject Matter Expert and thought leader of network communication technologies.
- Self-manage small and large projects to completion while enacting effective time management and status documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, information systems or a related field; or a combination of post high school education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience related to network administration, architecture, and/or project management.
- 3+ years direct hands-on experience with wireless networking, satellite communications, LTE devices, VOIP, virtual circuits, and Cisco routers/switches, SD-WAN, enterprise-class network architecture, design, and support, multi-layer switch and MPLS network design, experience designing and supporting secure network delivery through VPNs, and UCaaS.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient understanding of security issues, network hardware configuration, protocols, techniques and implications across one or more computer platforms.
- Understanding of networking in various cloud environments like AWS and Azure.
- Working knowledge of various network security monitoring tools. ITIL Foundations as a minimum.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including conveying technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external business partners.
- Ability to evaluate architecture effectiveness and develop change or alternatives. Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously. Ability to function effectively with, or as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise, counsel, and effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable networks, computer software, operating systems, cloud and standard programming languages, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize tools, concepts, principles, and practices of data collection, analysis and testing.
JOB SCOPE: Position impacts multiple business units/segments.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Extended use of a computer keyboard, viewing of a computer monitor and the ability to sit for long periods of time.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com, or apply on line at www.btginc.com (search jobs).
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Network Architect position.
Job Status: Full Time