The Multimedia Specialist acts as a visual storyteller, graphic designer and multimedia producer for the Enterprise Learning Design Development team by creating graphical elements, colleague communication campaigns, and instructional materials. A diverse design skillset is required to plan and produce engaging and compelling creative for print (publications), audio-visual design (corporate shows and presentations including video), and digital (graphic design for social media, message boards, and multi-diverse corporate branding). The selected candidate will translate author concepts and contextual materials into a wide range of online and print graphical materials to primarily support online and classroom-based instruction.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Develop new and maintain existing learning solutions based upon supporting the instructional design team by using curriculum documents and business strategies. Work independently and as a team to manage the production of various deliverables from analysis throughout the applicable development stage of the adopted instructional design model. Deploy learning solutions with guidance from IT and/or HRIS teams while ensuring emphasis is placed on learner ease of use and access.
- Create and/or manipulate innovative graphic elements (templates, logos, videography, digital photography, etc.) in curriculum design, internal marketing, and client-facing materials.
- Manage the production of various project deliverables from design phase through delivery including brochures, invitations, PowerPoint templates, CBTs (Web-Based Training), videography, message boards, website navigation icons, etc.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with distinct creative concepts that can be implemented with quick turnaround.
- Provide client consultation and communicate with senior team members or IT/HRIS team to receive feedback and recommend best practices in support of multimedia within various learning formats (instructor led, virtual learning, m-learning). Must have an Understanding of multiple learning platform best practices (CMS, LMS, and mobile devices).
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies and best practices in implementing visual design to aid in learning process.
- Understanding of various development technologies in use for instructional design and development (i.e. Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, and Articulate), graphic and multimedia development (Adobe Creative Suite, FinalCut), digital hardware, (DSLR camera, video, lighting, audio recording) and delivery platforms (m-learning, WBT, ILT, VILT, webinars, smartphones, tablet, Android, Apple, etc.)
- Implement, maintain and provide input to the management team on the multimedia team’s design process and standards that support the instructional design process.
- Takes initiative to document changes that will improve the design process.
- Demonstrates flexibility during the instructional design process to develop content that promotes project completion within quick turnaround times but still maintains high quality and learning standards.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience Graphic Design, Multimedia Communications, Instructional Design
- Proficient in usage of MAC equipment, strong skill in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Audition and Premiere Pro), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in multimedia development and production tools including video production (camera, lighting kit, green screen, audio, pre/post-production, etc.)
- Experience in using industry-recognized graphic design, development, and animation tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Completes projects/development in accelerated timeframes which includes multitasking, prioritizing, and project management
- M-learning development and deployment platforms (Android, tablet, iPhone, etc.)
- Working with all levels of the organization/relationship building/interpersonal skills
- 4+ years of instructional development, adult learning theory, graphic design & editing, web design and development and digital art
- Ability to independently develop instructionally sound interactive e-learning
- Completed training in instructional design and possess instructional design skills
- Knowledge of the functionality of learning management systems, content management systems, web and video conference tools
- Knowledge of 508 compliance and the ability to make design recommendations taking compliance guidelines into perspective
- Experience with Florida Blue products/industry a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, Java Script, MPG, JPG file formatting a plus