Medical Assistant/Radiology Technician
The Medical Assistant/Radiology Technician is responsible for providing technical and clinical assistance within the Urgent Care department. This role will assist with direct patient care as support to the physicians and providers. This position will also perform limited radiographic procedures at a technical level utilizing independent judgment to apply minimum radiation for complete radiographic diagnosis.
- Direct Patient Care
- Obtain patient history and consents and document appropriately.
- Obtain accurate vital signs from patient and prepare the patient for exam.
- Assist the providers with procedures.
- Practice universal precaution while using available personal protection and safety equipment.
- Observe aseptic and sterile techniques and ensure instruments are disinfected and sterilized.
- Demonstrate proficiency in administration of medications including 5 "Rights".
- Ensure proper completion of appropriate consent forms as it pertains to medication and immunization administration and supply the patient with the VIS form.
- Radiographic Procedures
- Operate diagnostic equipment efficiently resulting in optimal image results.
- Utilize caution in administration of radiation with coning and lead shielding.
- Perform radiographic procedure with minimal supervision.
- Obtain a Fetal Protection Form for all patients of child bearing ages (12 to 55).
- Indirect Patient Care
- Maintain and practice knowledge of OSHA regulations, exposure control plan and principles of infection control.
- Maintain proficiency in equipment usage.
- Complete the relevant portions of the Encounter form using correct Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10).
- Ensure the supplies in the exam rooms/dressing booths while meet the patient needs.
- Adhere to Pathology Labeling and Processing Policy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a current Florida license/certificate as a Basic Machine Operator (BXMO) and a current certification of registry for MA.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Experience with digital radiography and PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System).
- Experience in digital imaging and GE equipment.
- Previous experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record).
- Required Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Acting Decisively
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Building Relationships
- Physical Environment
- Lifting to include 11-25 lbs., Pushing, Pulling,
Job Status: Full Time