- Project Management
- Supervising Staff
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have earned their Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university and must have at least four years of design engineering experience. Engineering experience should include, but not be limited to design of ground support equipment, critical lift rigging and tooling, and precision machined components. The ideal candidate must have an interest in pursuing a career involving design of specialized facilities and systems in support of rocket assembly and launch infrastructure as well as other missile/defense related facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- At least 4+year’s experience with mechanical design and analysis of mechanisms, actuation systems, and/or ground support equipment
- Professional Engineering registration
- Working knowledge and ability to use 3D modeling software
- Ability to produce designs based on client specifications and requirement documents
- Ability to work as a multi-discipline engineering team to produce constructible drawing packages
- Due to the nature of client projects, US citizenship or permanent legal residency is required
- Creo (Pro-E) and Windchill experience
- NX NASTRAN experience
- Understanding of welding, machining, and fabrication techniques and processes
- AutoCad experience
- Master's degree
- Interest and understanding of rocket launch pads and ground support system
- Project management experience
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following company competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
The TeamPartner with NASA and commercial space launch providers to lead in the next era of space exploration. Having worked on nearly every type of aerospace structure since the 1960s, our professionals are experts in designing both manned and unmanned orbital and suborbital launch facilities, processing buildings, and ground support equipment. While we have a longstanding history in this field, it’s the future that excites us. Join us and help shape it!
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com or apply on line at www.btginc.com (Search Jobs).
Pay: $90,000 to $105,000/year
$90000 to $105000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time