MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - ALTERNATE SHIFT
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked defense company in Ohio, has an immediate need for a MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN ALTERNATE SHIFT.
Requirements of the MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Position requires SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Technician experience.
- Requires minimal job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience.
- Excellent computer skills required as programming is accomplished through various different software interfaces and databases. PLC Programming/ladder logic experience preferred. Basic knowledge of circuit analysis for troubleshooting electrical test failures.
Benefits of the MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Full time hours, 5pm - 3am
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
Responsibilities of the MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
- Responsible for alternate shift production support from 8 pm to 6 am, Monday through Thursday, including creation/upkeep of new machine operating programs for automated assembly, inspection, and test equipment. Responsible for setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of automated inspection and test equipment. Troubleshoots and resolves yield issues and improves efficiency by reducing errors, false calls, defects, scrap, and rework. Interfaces with engineers and supervisors to develop and improve processes and documentation. Identifies root cause and implement permanent corrective actions. Makes quality decisions to continue production or stop the line with limited support during an alternative shift. Trains operators and inspectors on proper equipment operation. Proficiency with a variety of hand, power and test tools and equipment.
- Equipment responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Circuit card assembly (screen printers, pick and place, reflow ovens, automated optical Inspection, x-ray inspection, selective solder, automated testers such as flying probe, bed of nails, or custom
- Mechanical or unit assembly (potting filling machine, laser welders, environmental test chambers, CNC machining equipment, mechanical assembly and automation equipment, staking, pressing and crimping equipment, automated mechanical inspection equipment and PCL programming)
- There are several targeted equipment processes that this position will focus on for 2nd shift:
- Two SMT lines (screen print, SPI, Fuji pick and place, reflow oven, Omron AOI, conveyors), cleaning systems, ACE selective solder, ACE solder dipping, tape and reel, Nordson conformal coat, tab router/depaneler. Participation in and preparation of materials for internal design reviews and customer/government safety reviews.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.