LEAD MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Must have ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WITH SSBI.
BTG in partnership with the top ranked Technology company in Florida has an immediate need for a Lead Mechanical Engineer in Palm Bay, FL or Herndon, VA.
We are looking for driven mechanical/aerospace engineers to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging, in a program team environment. Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing. Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, critical HW design and development and the ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
Requirements of the Lead Mechanical Engineer
- 9+ years of relevant mechanical systems/architecture development experience with Bachelor's Degree, or 7+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree, or equivalent.
- Active Top Secret Clearance with recent SSBI.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph preferred.
- Experience in design or development of precision mechanisms and mechatronic systems.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Creo and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in additive manufacturing, part optimization and design for manufacture and assembly a plus
- Experience with actuators, custom gear trains, fluid systems, electro-optical systems, materials testing and manufacturing processes are all a plus.
- Technical leadership experience and a history of successful designs and/or working systems
Benefits of the Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Eligible for occasional overtime
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.