IT Testing Specialist
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked healthcare company in Florida, has an immediate need for a IT Testing Specialist.
Requirements of the IT Testing Specialist
- 3-5 years of Professional experience in an IT related field preferably in a development or testing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer related field or relevant work experience
- Must have strong knowledge of SDLC
- Must have strong knowledge of STLC
- Must have strong knowledge of Testing concepts
- Must be able to create and execute test cases
- Thorough understanding of the business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested
- Thoroughly understands As-Is and To-Be business processes to understand what's changing
- Ability to communicate with the business in business language and with developers in technical language
- Must have strong PC skills and demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite products
- Experience with testing management tools:
- Automated; Selenium, Robotium, TestComplete, QTP, SoapUI, Visual Studio Test Pro, etc
- Manual; Selenium, Appium, JMeter, Jenkins, TestLink, Mantis, Postman, Firbug, etc
- Must have the ability to extract data utilizing moderately complex SQL queries
- Ability to read logical and physical data models and understand the relationship between various tables
- Ability to clearly identify data needs and requirements for the respective test efforts
- Ability to execute automated test scripts as needed
- Ability to read various system input/output files; XML, Flat, 834, 835, etc
- Must have the ability to create unique test scenarios
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
Benefits of the IT Testing Specialist
- M-F, 8-5
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
Responsibilities of the IT Testing Specialist
- Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk-based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
- Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
- Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
- Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
- Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Developers, and other key IT staff and leadership as appropriate.
- Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results.
- Performs quality assurance tests on all work and performs detailed analysis on test results.
- Certifies application for release to the next testing stage or to the production environment. Generates and distributes periodic status reports for testing.
- Sets up and executes complex scripts independently.
- Sets up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions.
- Creates and executes moderately complex SQL queries.
- Executes automated test scripts.
- Writes/coordinates resolution of system defects. Ensures appropriate hand-offs and re-testing
- May provide technical guidance to other IT Testing Specialists.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions or solicits information on incomplete requirements.
- Participates in facilitation and coordination of user acceptance testing.
- Design tests to aid learning and mitigate risks.
- Work with developers to create automated tests.
- Work with business analysts and business stakeholders to undertake exploratory testing.
- Ensures stories contain specific acceptance test conditions which communicate objectives to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of performance and security vulnerability testing is a plus.
- Assist product owner in coming up with the acceptance criteria for user stories.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to ************* or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.