IT Tech II Retail Support
The information technology ("IT") technician II, retail support, is responsible for monitoring assigned systems and/or applications, reporting abnormal conditions through the problem tracking system, performing problem trend analysis and contributing to departmental procedure development. This position provides technical customer service support to company team members and assists the IT department in meeting service level agreements ("SLA") by ensuring problems and requests are accurately recorded in the change/problem management system and resolutions are provided in a timely manner. The IT technician II, retail support, will record, diagnose and resolve retail systems, point-of-sale ("POS") and PC problems as reported.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Operate software delivery system daily to distribute updates to retail systems.
- Ensure all updates follow proper testing and piloting procedures.
- Maintain detailed records of success and/or failure of all retail location software and produce summaries and analysis of records when requested.
- Update change/problem management system and perform software installation, customization of POS and mini computer software and advanced troubleshooting in the opening and closing of retail locations.
- Provide technical assistance to field support teams during new store installs and customizations, as well as during installation of new equipment in existing stores.
- Provide technical support for both retail and office team members on POS, mini, PC and network related problems, with emphasis on first call resolution.
- Provide technical assistance to hardware vendors resolving problems in the field.
- Perform detailed research and follow-up on difficult and/or critical problems as needed.
- Visit retail sites with serious problems or during new promotions and collect necessary details to resolve issues.
- Assist with creating and documenting department procedures.
- Assist in training level I technicians.
- Analyze data to identify problem trends and partner with relevant team members to determine and apply permanent resolutions.
- Monitor all mainframe and distributed systems reporting any abnormal conditions through change/problem management system.
- Communicate status of reported problems and/or requests to relevant team members and escalate problems as necessary.
- Ensure department SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Dispatch vendors for required maintenance and ensure timely resolutions are provided.
- Remain aware of and observe all security procedures established for the department.
- Maintain working knowledge of compliance policies and procedures including, but not limited to, Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry and HIPAA to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- One (1) year IT experience in a support environment supporting POS, mini, communication, PC and LAN systems.
- Demonstrated advanced PC skills including proficiency with the primary Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of all shifts (nights, weekends and holidays).
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Associate’s degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Technical certification such as A+ and/or Microsoft.
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-oriented by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes firstalways by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
- Prior experience in a computer room or customer service environment.
- Strong working knowledge of established change/problem management procedures, as well as general office practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including overnight.
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference IT Tech position.
Job Status: Full Time