IT Business Intelligence Engineer
BTG, in partnership with a top ranked facilities management company in Florida, has an immediate need for an IT Business Intelligence Engineer.
Requirements of the IT Business Intelligence Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field IT of education, training, and/or experience required.
- 2-5 years of business intelligence data engineering experience, including large-scale complex data warehouses, data lakes OR equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS or Azure.
- In-Depth understanding of data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Experience with Snowflake database is plus.
- Experience with database design, architecture and warehousing with a focus on process automation
- 3+ years of experience in building ETL pipeline using Spark for moving data in/out of Data Lake
- Working knowledge of cloud data platforms (Azure or Amazon). Preferably experience with Azure Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Synapse Analytics, Amazon Redshift, Data Factory, Logic Apps, Data Bricks, Advanced T-SQL, REST API concepts, Powershell, SSIS, PowerBI.
- Experience in database design, architecture, and warehousing as well as building, implementation, and optimization of BI solutions/technologies.
- Experience using data reporting, BI, and visualization tools including preferably experience with SSRS, Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau.
- Passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization including conceptual knowledge of Algorithmic concepts, gathering data, Data Governance concepts.
- Familiar with Standup, Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Demo, and all other Scrum Ceremonies.
- Experience with real time data ingestion using Kafka.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with Data Analysis.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; Ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Understanding of agile application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure DevOps desirable
- Experience in Power BI, MS Project, Visio, Workflows, Process Maps
Benefits of the IT Business Intelligence Engineer
- Full time position
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 28 days of PTO
- Company matched 401k
Responsibilities of the IT Business Intelligence Engineer
- Design and build reporting and analysis tools that will help streamline business and make reporting, analysing, planning and forecasting more efficient.
- Create ETL/ELT processes to move data between internal and external sources using APIs, ETL using technologies like Azure Data Factory, Loom Integrate or Matillion
- Play an instrumental role supporting and managing the Data Warehouse strategy including fundamental understanding of Data Lakes, Data Catalogs, Hardware and Network Topology
- Should be an excellent communicator and should possess excellent debugging skills and problem-solving skills. Ability to tackle complex problems with creative solutions when the path may not be clear.
- Improves quality results by implementing unit, system and integration testing cycles.
- Maintains product quality by designing and executing testing.
- Present to Director IT reports weekly on progress as well as problems and solutions
Business Intelligence Development
- Take a lead role in enhancements of core applications and contribute to development where required
- Implement current industry standard tools & technologies to support development and maintenance of systems and business intelligence tools
- Ensure planning, requirements analysis, designing, building and testing is performed to a high standard
- Identify opportunities for process improvement through automated system integrations
- Implement strategies for maintaining and securing corporate data with a focus on single source of truth to enable improved data warehousing and reporting capability
- Develop systems with a focus on future proofing
- Identify opportunities for reducing costs and increasing the value
- Work collaboratively with the managers to identify opportunities for improvement
- Facilitate informed strategic debate, planning & decision making with the management team
- Provide high level strategic advice to the Senior Manager with supporting data and information
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to a or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.