Internal Auditor V
- This position will be primarily focused on identifying existing internal controls in business processes, identifying and closing control gaps (including control design) and recommending practical solutions to further mitigate risk and optimize effectiveness of operations across multiple divisions within the company.
- Needs to be able to work independently, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and build trusted relationships with business partners.
- Provide ongoing advisory services to supported areas to design new and evaluate existing business processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory adherence.
- Responsible for independently evaluating new and existing business processes (and supporting technologies) across the client Enterprise to ensure operational risks are effectively managed/mitigated through appropriately designed internal controls.
- Identify process and control gaps and actively partner with management in remediation activities including the design of new or improvements to existing controls that ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of transactional processing.
- Regularly communicate results to the Sr Director, Operational Performance & Regulatory Support (OPRS) as well as senior leadership within Florida Blue and supported GuideWell companies.
- Need senior level staff with at least 5 years of internal or external audit experience.
- Must be a licensed CPA, CIA or CISA in order to be considered
- Experienced internal/external auditor that can examine business processes to identify internal controls
- This person also needs to identify control gaps and consult with the business to close control gaps by designing internal controls as well as optimize existing controls (e.g. modifying manual detective controls to automated preventive controls).
- This role must have the ability to work independently and be able to communicate and influence employees at all levels.
- Presentation skills will also be required as this person will report out progress to executive leadership.