Instructional Designer - Liner/Logistics
Scope of Responsibility
- Plan, design, develop, organize, write, and edit instructor-led training content, as well as storyboards for electronic learning modules (WBT, CBT, eLearning).
- Conduct training needs assessments and develop course objectives and design plan based on assessment results.
- Interview subject matter experts to collect required information to design and develop blended education solutions.
- The ability to develop learning in both a traditional waterfall (ADDIE) and agile learning environment.
- Conceptualize and develop evaluation measures, including knowledge checks, course evaluations, and tests.
- Participate in content review, revision, and sign-off cycles.
- Conduct training in a variety of formats to meet the needs of the project (train-the-trainer, classroom, coaching, etc.).
- Provide application knowledge, methodology expertise, and/or industry knowledge.
- Build and maintain team relationships by consistently delivering exceptional service and exceeding expectations.
- Track and report project related deliverables.
- Provide status reporting, issue identification, and problem solving.
- 3+ years of experience with logistics, transportation, shipping or ERP systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Proficient in the understanding and use of multiple technology for the logistics, transportation or shipping industries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail (proofreading and editing skills a plus).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and Adult Learning Principles
- Proven ability to develop engaging and effective training curriculum to provide essential knowledge and to enhance user adoption.
- Proficient organizational skills and proven track record of on-time project deliverables.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and able to deliver, facilitate and train users.
- Ability to influence and drive results in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to be agile as process, procedures and configuration change.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- 3+ years of experience with technical systems
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge with eLearning, LMS, authoring tools and graphic design.
- Knowledge with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, uPerform, Articulate, Captivate, Storyline).
- Training Materials to include but not limited to:
- Instructor and Participant Guides
- Job Aids
- Quick Reference Guides (QRGs)
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please apply on-line at www.btginc.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: $35 to $40/hour
$35 to $40 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time