Instructional Designer IV
Conducts and completes the analysis, design, and development for supported business units under the GuideWell enterprise. Must be able to analysis, design, and development low to medium complexity multi component interactive learning solutions.
- Supports partnership with stakeholders, defines and designs effective instructional strategies and learner assessments for medium complexity multi component learning solutions. Able to complete work independently throughout the applicable development stage of the instructional design model being adopted. Understands the features and capabilities of various virtual delivery modalities for the design and development of instructionally sound Instructor Led Training or Virtual Instructor Led Training.
- Leverage established instructional design methodologies and processes to support formal, informal, and multi-media design that include industry best practice recommendations which take into account design, scope, budget, implementation timeline and technology platforms. Able to complete work independently including the communication, implementation and adoption of methodologies and best practices by the learning organization.
- Assists in identifying the need for learning intervention through analysis of new or changed user tasks, responsibilities, etc. due to new product/program/process releases, upgrades or updates. Conduct task/impact analysis using standard department techniques i.e. surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc. and provide performance improvement recommendations to learning management/leadership. Independently perform the above for medium complexity performance improvement projects.
- Supports the design and development of knowledge and skill based assessments (written and simulated) that align with learning knowledge and performance based objectives. Develop instructionally sound knowledge, skill and job performance based assessments with minimal guidance.
- Assists with the scope, forecast, plan and manage instructional design projects that encompass team members from all areas of the learning organization (Design, Delivery, Learning Ops, Implementation, and Evaluation). Able to perform duties independently on instructional design projects of low to intermediate levels of complexity.
- Supports the partnership with Design Managers and peers to define and implement process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- Ability to assist in designing and developing instructionally sound blended formal and informal learning solutions specifically related to ILT and/or VILT
- Experience with version 7 or higher of Adobe Captivate or other similar eLearning software.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Development, Training Education/Communication is preferred
- 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple industry recognized instructional design models preferred
- Industry certifications such as ATD, CPLP, Langevin, etc.
- Knowledge of 508 compliance and the ability to make design recommendations taking compliance guidelines into perspective
- Building Relationships
- Continuous Improvement
- Critical Thinking
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Customer Focus (internal & external)
- Driving for Results
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Align to Vision and Purpose