Instructional Designer - Clinical Operations/RN Medical Reviews
Without supervision, conducts and completes the analysis, design, and development of learning solutions for supported business units under the client enterprise. Must be able to analyze, design, and develop highly complex multi component interactive learning solutions.
- Uses curriculum design and adult learning methodologies to develop and update curriculum for new/existing programs, capabilities, new hire training and processes for both clinical and non-clinical roles within Clinical Operations, which includes: registered nurses (Pre-service, Post-service, Concurrent Review, Transition, and Appeals nurses), Case Managers and Disease Managers.
- Leads partnership and is a liaison with stakeholders, defines and designs effective instructional strategies and learner assessments for high complexity multi component learning solutions and curriculums. Able to complete work independently throughout the applicable development stage of the instructional design model being adopted. Understands the features and capabilities of various virtual delivery modalities for the design and development of instructionally sound Instructor Led Training or Virtual Instructor Led Training.
- Leverage established instructional design methodologies and processes to support formal, informal, and multi-media design that include industry best practice recommendations which take into account design, scope, budget, implementation timeline and technology platforms. Able to complete work independently including the communication, implementation and adoption of methodologies and best practices by the learning organization.
- Facilitates learning intervention through analysis of new or changed user tasks, through investigation of business processes, responsibilities, etc. due to new product/program/process releases, upgrades or updates. Conduct task/impact analysis using standard department techniques i.e. surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc. and provide performance improvement recommendations to learning management/leadership. Independently perform the above for highly complex performance improvement projects.
- Leads the design and development of knowledge and skill based assessments (written and simulated) that align with learning knowledge and performance based objectives. Develop instructionally sound knowledge, skill and job performance based assessments with minimal guidance.
- Supports the scoping, forecasting, planning and management of instructional design projects that encompass team members from all areas of the learning organization (Design, Delivery, Learning Ops, Implementation, and Evaluation). Able to perform duties independently on instructional design projects of highly intermediate levels of complexity.
- Partners with Design Managers and peers to define and implement process improvements.
- Coach and mentor team members by evaluating the instructional soundness of the training design using post event evaluation and knowledge and knowledge and skill assessment data as basis for instructional feedback
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) licensure or Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2+ years of directly related experience in Instructional Systems Design, designing training programs in a clinical work environment or related work
- Ability to independently design and develop instructionally sound blended formal and informal learning solutions specifically related to classroom training or Instructor-Led Training (ILT) and/or webinars/Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office Suite applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to independently design and develop instructionally sound blended formal and informal learning solutions specifically related to classroom Instruction-led Training and/or Virtual Instructor-led Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Development, Education or Communication is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple industry recognized instructional design models preferred
- Proficient knowledge and application of InterQual Criteria, Medical Coverage Guidelines, JIVA, and Medicare National Coverage Determination (NCD) and Local Coverage Determination (LCD).
- Building Relationships
- Continuous Improvement
- Critical Thinking
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Customer Focus (internal & external)
- Driving for Results
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Align to Vision and Purpose