Information Architect III
The Data Architect is responsible for designing and building databases and enabling high performing queries. The Information Architect will champion data as a strategic asset with innovative approaches to data sharing and data management, inclusive of practical, feasible alternatives that are sensitive to cost containment, while adhering to strategy. The Information Architect serves the company as an advisor on best practices and is responsible for contributing to information management strategy-setting, developing and implementing principles, models, designs, blueprints, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information is flexible, scalable, cost effective, consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business. They are accountable for the information/database architecture solutions across a limited number of applications or domains and assigned to project/initiatives of medium size, complexity and risk. The Information Architect serves the company as an advisor on best practices and is responsible for designing and effectively implementing strategies, architectures and solutions in alignment with CTO office guidelines.
- Prepare documentation and architectural designs.
- Analyze technical, business process and data processing problems, and coordinate resolution.
- Work with Business and Technical teams to understand and prioritize their specific needs.
- Provide solutions to integrate disparate sources of enterprise data and information.
- Support on time delivery of projects in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Lead architectural solutions for operational systems, data warehouse, or big data that spans several technologies and multiple businesses.
- Lead and assist in future development of capabilities through proof-of-concepts.
- Producing and approving architecture diagrams for enterprise data and analytics solutions that includes conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Designing the data integration architecture-based solution for real-time, near real-time and batch processes.
- Design Databases and models in DB2, MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Develop solutions and processes to deliver the right level of data quality.
- Develop strong, trust-based relationship with critical internal and external partners and challenge them to continuously improve.
- Manages all aspects of technical delivery of data Architecture solution across all the impacted development areas.
- Review various applications’ data designs and be able to present suitable and scalable data solutions.
- 15 years overall IT Data architecture, design and development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Solid understanding of/experience with streaming solutions such as Kafka and Stream Analytics.
- Solid understanding of/experience with relational databases, non-relational databases and big data platforms.
- Understanding of/experience with Web services (SOAP, REST, XML, UDDI, WSDL) and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS technologies.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (e.g. using Java, J2EE, EJB, .NET, WebSphere, etc.).
- Experience in submitting proof-of-concepts for technical changes.
- Experience in Data Integration & Federation (e.g. IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab Initio) and data integration tools for Hadoop-based architectures.
- Recent working experience with Analytical and Hadoop data planforms in Data Architect capacity.
- Knowledge of conceptual, logical and physical data models using data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF relational, Kimball dimensional) in standard modelling tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in collaborative, cross functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to generate stakeholder buy-in and lead through influence at
If you have any questions, please call 904-998-9414 and reference Information Architect position.
Job Status: Full Time