BTG in partnership with the top ranked Healthcare company in Florida has an immediate need for a Health Educator.
Requirements of the Health Educator
- Bachelors' degree in health promotion or related field
- 3 or more years' experience in health education
- At least one certification from a national health-related organization such as Wellcoaches , Intrinsic Coaching, CHES, ACSM or another similar organization
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills as evidenced by video recording of a recent presentation or short live presentation at time of interview
- Proven basic knowledge of core wellness topics such as physical activity, nutrition, weight and stress
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Power Point
- Valid Florida driver's license with personal vehicle available for travel
Benefits of the Health Educator
- 10 month contract
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 75-100% Remote
Responsibilities of the Health Educator
- Provide onsite presentations for Company's employer groups and the community on a wide variety of health and wellness topics such as weight, stress, nutrition, physical activity and general behavior change
- Facilitate ongoing multi-session wellness programs for Company's employer groups and the community targeting weight management, physical activity, nutrition and other health topics
- Training for all presentations and programs will be provided by the Company at no charge to the contractor
- Contractor will be asked to attend trainings in various formats in-person, by telephone and online
- Travel is considerable but variable in this position. Contractors may be asked to drive as far as 2.5 hours and/or 175 miles from their home, depending on their location in the region. However, most programs and presentations are run during normal business hours (8:30 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday) and many occur during the lunch hour, so early mornings and late nights will be minimal. Generally, no overnights will be required with the exception of occasional in-person trainings which might require an overnight.
- Guarantee of minimum number of hours is not determined at this time. Contract Health Educators are assigned work on an "as needed" PRN basis with 30 days' notice of the assignment. Flexibility in schedule is expected.
- The contractor's main point of contact on a daily basis for scheduling and other administrative issues will be the regional health educator. Communication will be primarily via telephone and email.
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on line at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a Recruiter.