BTG, in partnership with a top ranked defense company in Ohio, has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer
- 5-8 years of previous relevant experience with BS, 3-6 years experience with MS
- Must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and
- concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement
- methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areasof expertise.
Benefits of the Electrical Engineer
- Full time hours
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 weeks paid parental leave
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Conduct failure analysis and perform analysis of products to show compliance to derating guidelines and manufacturers' specifications. Various CAD/CAE tools may be used for this.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform basic engineering tasks.
- Design. Investigate and test vendors' components, perform design selection, modify existing designs for new applications. Create documentation of design / product drawings, specifications, compliance matrices, test plans and test reports. Assist with generation of DOMs and DIPs (applies for all levels). Fluent understanding of GD&T (geometric design and tolerencing). Participate in and prepare materials for internal design reviews (IDR). Understand configuration management as it applies to product documentation. Create design verifications and lead program team. Understanding of electro-magnetic design and the design and testing of leads.
- Hands-On: Procure parts for development. Assist with the fabrication and test of prototype hardware. Perform and/or oversee design verification tests IAW plan/instructions. Solder or machine tool trained per current requirements or equivalent skill. Troubleshoot / repair circuits or mechanical structures. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact. Resumes can be submitted via email to email@example.com or by applying online at https://jobs.btginc.com. You may also give us a call at 904-998-9414 to speak to a recruiter.