DCMG - Medical Assistant
Provide clinical and clerical support to Physicians and Mid-Level Providers. Fulfills the role of communicator between patients not in the office and the providers. Provide excellent and responsive customer service to our patients when performing tasks such as return phone calls, medication refills and notification of test results. Assists providers with exams and in office procedures.
Direct Patient Care:
- Practices universal precautions and uses available Personal protection and safety equipment at all times
- Demonstrates proficiency in administration of medications including 5 "Rights"
- Proper completion of appropriate consent forms as it pertains to medication administration, administration of immunizations and supplying the pt the VIS form
- Able to assist providers with in office procedures
- Prepares the patient for exam.
- Triages patient phone calls, including obtaining accurate information and documentation
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication classifications, side effects, proper dosage as it pertains to their specialty.
- Obtaining accurate vital signs.
- Has knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Understands principles of disinfecting and sterilizing instruments
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of computer systems and programs
- Knowledge of Referral and Pre-Certification process including commercial, MVA and WC
- Provides accurate and complete documentation
- Demonstrates knowledge of O.S.H.A. regulations, exposure control plan and principles of infection control
- Maintains proficiency in use of equipment in assigned departments.
- High School Diploma
- Completion of an accredited MA program
- Current Certification of Registry for MA
- Florida Driver’s License
- Ability to work at any location worksite
- Computer skills
- Recognition of medications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and responsive patient customer service skills
- Prior EMR experience helpful
Job Status: Full Time