IT Systems Engineers are responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of technology solutions. IT Systems Engineers provide technical support, troubleshoot problem and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions.
Requirements of the Datapower Administrator
- 6+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
- Must have experience in administering IBM Datapower Gateway appliances.
- Must have strong Linux, networking and security principles knowledge.
- Must be willing work on 24/7 on call schedule.
- IBM API Connect experience preferred.
Benefits of the Datapower Administrator
- $64 per hour, depending on experience
- Full time
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the Datapower Administrator
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
- Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
- Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
- Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
- Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
- May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
- Writes programming/scripting
- May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
- May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
- Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
If you believe that your skills and experience are a match for this position, please submit your most current resume and a recruiter will be in contact.